High School Seniors
If you are planning to go to college next Fall 2024, you need to apply for financial
aid now! Deadline for Cal-Grant is April 2, 2024
Financial Aid-To-Do List
- Create an FSA ID-a user name and password needed to sign your federal financial aid
- Visit studentaid.gov/fsa-id to create your account.
- Use the FSA ID Worksheet to record information.
- Parents need to create an FSA ID to access the FAFSA form and complete their required
- If parents are married/remarried and filed their tax forms as "Married-Filing Jointly,"
only one parent will create an FSA ID
- If parents are married/remarried and filed their tax forms as "Married-Filing Separately,"
both parents need to create an FSA ID
- If parents are separated or divorced, the parent who provided the most financial support
will create an FSA ID
- Parents are able to create an FSA ID if they don't have a Social Security Number.
- Complete the 2024-2025 FAFSA or CADAA
- Visit studentaid.gov to complete the FAFSA application
- Use the FAFSA Worksheet to gather information
- When completing 2024-2025 FAFSA, the student will send an invite to parent into the
FAFSA form. Without required information, consent, and approval to transfer Federal
Tax information, and a signature from all contributors, including you, your FAFSA
form won't be considered complete and will not be eligible for federal student aid.
- If you do not have a social security number, visit https://dream.csac.ca.gov to complete the CA Dream Act Application
- The California Dream Act Application allows undocumented students, DACA status (valid
or expired), U Visa Holders and students under Temporary Protected Status (TPS) who
qualify for a non-resident exemption under Assembly Bill 540 (AB 540) to receive certain
types of financial aid.
- Click on the link to watch a video about How to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Form
- Review your FAFSA Submission Summary and make any corrections if necessary
- Track your Cal Grant status online using WedGrants for students at https://mygrantinfo.csac.ca.gov/
- Claim your Cal Grant award by verifying your school of attendance in your WebGrants
for Students account.
- Follow up with the college you are considering to see what is needed to complete your
financial aid file.
We are here to help!
Monday-Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please include IVCs student ID number)
Computer Lab hours:
Monday-Friday 9:00 am-5:00 pm
Monday-Friday 2:00 pm-4:00 pm
Zoom link: https://cccconfer.zoom.us/j/92328108695
Meeting ID: 923 2810 8695