imperial logo
Welcome to Imperial Valley College!

Where we foster excellence in education that challenges students of every background to develop their intellect, character, and abilities; to assist students in achieving their educational and career goals; and to be responsive to the greater community.

Follow us:facebook icontwitter iconinstagram iconyoutube iconlinkedin icon

Frequently Asked Questions

Buy your Parking permit on-line: 

On-line parking permit information

How do I contact the Parking Control Office?

Parking Control Office, Room 902, (760) 355-6308
Gina Madrid, Campus  Safety Coordinator, 760 355-6306,

Parking Control Office Hours:  Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Where does the sticker/parking permit go on my car?

The parking permit/sticker must be affixed to the inside lower left corner of the front windshield of the vehicle (driver's side).

It is your responsibility to ensure that the permit is visible at all times.

Parking permits are not transferable.

How do I pay for a parking ticket?

Paying parking citations

What if I drive more than one car to school?

All vehicles are required to have a parking permit to park at IVC. A parking permit may be purchased for a vehicle at full price and a second one may be purchased at a discounted price.

There is also the option of purchasing a day pass when bringing the additional vehicle on campus. The cost of the day pass is $2.00 a day and may be purchased either at the day pass machines or at the Parking Control Office.

What if my car is from another state or country?

Even if a vehicle is from out-of-state or from another country, you may purchase a parking permit for the semester. You must follow the same procedures as a vehicle from California. You must just specify what state or country your vehicle is from.

Can I move the sticker/parking permit from one car to another?

The parking permit/sticker must be placed on the vehicle that is registered with the department. Additional permits may be purchased for additional vehicles.

What if I buy a new car or stop driving the registered car to school?

A replacement sticker may be purchased at the Parking Control Office for $1.00. You must register the new vehicle by filling out a vehicle registration form and an affidavit form and returning fragments of the original parking permit/sticker with the forms to the Parking Control Office.

What if my car is in the shop?

If a student has purchased a semester/session permit and their vehicle is in the shop, the student is entitled to a one-week guest pass.

How do I contest a parking citation?

How to contest a parking citation