2024-25 FAFSA and CADAA (Dream Act App) are available!
(for attendance beginning August 2024-July 2025)
DELAYS IN PROCESSING EXPECTED
|The FAFSA has undergone many changes (see below), and as a result, the online application
is experiencing intermittent outages and several glitches. Please be patient; we are
here to help, but many issues are beyond our control. IVC usually receives FAFSA data
within a week; however, 2024-25 days is not being sent to colleges and will be delayed
significantly. Updates will be posted below as we receive them.
What to Expect (updates will be posted when available)
- The Cal Grant deadline has been extended to April 2, 2024
- The Department of Education expects to begin sending FAFSA data to colleges in mid-March
over a period of several weeks. You will receive an email once your FAFSA is processed
by the Department of Education. This does not mean that IVC will have processed your
- The California Student Aid Commission expects to begin sending CADAA data to colleges
in late February
- IVC expects to post requirements in WebStar in late April to mid-May
- IVC expects to post financial aid awards in late June to mid-July
- Department of Education Federal Student Aid Estimator is available to calculate an
estimate of your federal aid. https://studentaid.gov/aid-estimator/
- Fewer questions and more user friendly, however the system does go down temporarily
- The Student Aid Index (SAI) is replacing Expected Family Contribution (EFC), this
is used by the college to calculate how much and what types of financial aid you’re
eligible to receive
- Each Contributor (student, student’s spouse, parent(s), and/or stepparent) will need
to create an FSA ID and must provide consent to complete the FAFSA. If any contributors
do not provide their consent, the SAI will not be calculated, and eligibility for
financial aid cannot be determined.
- Being identified as a contributor on the FAFSA does not make your family member responsible
for paying for your educational costs
- If your parents are divorced or separated, please view the following video to help
determine which parent must complete the FAFSA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba2irkCtYvo&t=143s
- If your parent information is required, your FAFSA will not be complete until your
parent(s) complete their portion.
- Family farms and small businesses must be reported as assets
- As of now, contributors without an SSN cannot create an FSA ID login to complete the
FAFSA. Feel free to visit our Financial Aid Office (Building 1700) if you wish to
complete a paper FAFSA.
- Enhanced to reflect some of the changes to the FAFSA
- Includes the AB540 affidavit within the application
- Improved parent signature process