imperial logo
Welcome to Imperial Valley College!

Where we foster excellence in education that challenges students of every background to develop their intellect, character, and abilities; to assist students in achieving their educational and career goals; and to be responsive to the greater community.

Follow us:facebook icontwitter iconinstagram iconyoutube iconlinkedin icon


What are my options for meeting with an EOPS/CARE/Next-Up Counselor?
Student appointments/contacts will be provided on campus in person, via telephone and/or videoconferencing using Zoom. Zoom is a video conference platform and can be found here. ( If you are going to participate in a Zoom video conference counseling appointment, a link will be provided via student email at the time of scheduling appointment/ contact to join the meeting via email, prior to the start of your session. You will want to ensure that you access this link, as this will be how you participate. If you prefer to meet with your counselor via telephone, please request this option when you schedule your appointment.
How can I schedule an appointment/contact with an EOPS/CARE/Next-Up Counselor?
For students that have existing appointments scheduled, no further action is required. For students that would like to schedule a new appointment, there are two options: 1) contact our Program Office via telephone or email or 2) join out virtual counter zoom link. Program Office – 760.355-6407 (t)/ (e) Zoom:
Am I still requested to meet the minimum requirement of 3 appointments/contacts per (fall/spring) semester?
Yes, all students are required to complete appointments/contacts by the published deadlines located in our EOPS Canvas Course Module 1.
Am I still requested to meet the minimum requirement of 12 units or more per (fall/spring) semester?
Yes. Students are requested to meet the minimum number of enrolled units in Fall.
I don't have access to a laptop or software.
Student Equity & Achievement Program (SEA) can assist student barriers to accessing technology off-campus. If you need a laptop, you may contact the Student Equity & Achievement Program at 760-355-1826 or
I rely on the IVC Kitchen for food support, where can I find access to food when my food emergency bag runs out?
The IVC Kitchen will provide an emergency food bag to assist with food needs. IVC hosts the Community Food Distribution from the Imperial Valley Food bank once a month every third Wednesday of every month. If you are unable to access emergency food, please contact Johnny Moren from the Student Equity & Achievement Program at 760.355.6259
I'm a homeless student, where can I go for housing support services?
Please contact Xavier Reyna at 760.355.6247 who can assist in connecting you to community resources and services via phone, e-mail and zoom meetings.
How can I contact instructors?
If you need to contact your instructor, we are encouraging you to do so via email. Follow the steps below to obtain instructor's email information.
Search Directory: type instructor's name (first & last)
Articles that offer strategies for coping with COVID-19
Guided Meditations to Help Reduce Stress, Anxiety & Depression Symptoms

Emergency Mental Health Assistance

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or Live Online Chat Trained crisis workers are available to talk 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Your confidential and toll-free call goes to the nearest crisis center in the Lifeline national network. These centers provide crisis counseling and mental health referrals.

SAMHSA Treatment Referral Helpline, 1-877-SAMHSA7 (1-877-726-4727) Get general information on mental health and locate treatment services in your area. Speak to a live person, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST.

NAMI HelpLine—1-800-950-6264 or Trained crises workers are available to offer you support and to provide you information about resources in your community.