Disabled Students Program & Services
Mel Wendrick Access Center for Disabled Student Programs and Services
Disabled Student Programs and Services is designed to provide supportive services to students with physical disabilities, learning disabilities, psychological disabilities, developmental delay, acquired brain injury, visual impairments, health problems and to students that are deaf and hard of hearing. The program provides priority registration, counseling, class scheduling, mobility assistance, interpreting, alternate text production, and test proctoring.
We are located in the
Mel Wendrick Access Center (Building 2100)
DSP&S Virtual Hours Zoom Information:
8:30am – 5pm
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://cccconfer.zoom.us/j/8659047257
Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +16699006833,8659047257# or +13462487799,8659047257#
+1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)
+1 346 248 7799 (US Toll)
+1 253 215 8782 (US Toll)
+1 312 626 6799 (US Toll)
+1 646 876 9923 (US Toll)
+1 301 715 8592 (US Toll)
Meeting ID: 865 904 7257
International numbers available: undefined
Or Skype for Business (Lync):
- Shellie Dansby
- Raquel Garcia
- Elizabeth Perez
- Liliana Siordia
- Maria Neely
- Monique Avelar
- Brenda Cital
- Norma Y. Gonzalez
- Judy Garcia
- Liisa Mendoza
How to Register for Classes on Webstar:
How to Use Canvas videos: https://imperial.edu/about/video-repository/
How to Join a Zoom meeting invitation:
- Click the link to join the meeting.
- An option Join from your Browser may appear automatically. If it does not, select download & run Zoom.
- The option Join from your Browser will appear.
- You will be prompted to enter your name.
- Click Join to be taken into the meeting.
COVID-19 Student Support Forum:
How to setup Schedule Planner to help register for classes
The schedule planner is a unique tool that will assist you to work on your class schedule well in advance of your registration date. It gives you the opportunity to register on the day of your scheduled date with one click, instead of having to input each class CRN individually. With schedule planner, you register for all your classes at once. Below are the steps to assist you with setting up your schedule planner.
- Check to see if the class schedules is out for the semester you want to enroll in
- Log in to Webstar and go to the Student Services menu
- Scroll down the list until you find Schedule Planner and click.
- It will automatically take you to the Schedule Planner screen.
- Click on the semester of your choice and click on the √ Save and Continue box
- If for some reason you are unable to register, you will see a notice that tells you that you can set up your planner but will not be able to register. This could be because you are missing the admissions application or it is not time for you to register.
- If you receive a message, go to Webstar, click on Student Services, scroll down to Check your Registration Status to see what you need.
- Apply for admissions if you if are prompted to do so.
Setting up schedule planner
- Go to courses and select the box for +Add Course
- It will take you to a box that has a drop down menu to select subject and course
- Follow the steps above to go to your Schedule Planner.
- Click on the select subject
- Go down the list and select the subject that you want
- Go to the Course menu and select course
- Go down the list and select the course that you want
- You will see a description of the course
- Click on the +Add Course box and click the Done box
- Repeat the same steps for each course you want to enroll in, once you are done and you are back on the main page of the schedule planner homepage, you will see the list of the courses you want under courses.
- Click on the □ box for Select All
- This tool will generate various schedules if you do not put the option you want for a specific course.
- It is easier to choose the specific options beforehand to generate only the schedule that you want.
- To choose a specific time and date for your course click on the * Options to the right of each course
- If there is only one course section open, it will give you only the one that is offered
- If there is more than one class section, click on the √ box to the left hand side of the Menu Bar to deselect course
- Make sure to choose the open □ box next to the course you want, then click on the Save & Close box
- Do the same for your next course
- then choose the one that you want and click on the Save & Close box
- Once you have completed all your courses, click on Generate Schedule box under Schedules
- You will see a green bar that will list all the schedules that were generated since you chose the option beforehand, you should see only 1 generated schedule
- click on the box below the Generate Schedule Bar that says View 1
- It will take you to another screen that shows all your classes on a schedule.
- If your class is not an online class it will show below on the weekly schedule below that by time and day of the week.
- Review your class list, you can click on the back button if you want to add another course or want to make changes.
- If you are satisfied with your class schedule, click on Send to Shopping Cart and click on Continue
- It will take you to the Pre-Registration Check if you have not completed it. Answer the questions and check the authorization boxes and click submit
- It will then take you directly to your Schedule Planner Registration Cart
- You will see several options below your class list and
- one of them is Add to Worksheet if you want to add another course.
- Your schedule planner is ready for you to register on your day and time.
To Register for classes
- Go to Webstar,
- Student Services
- Student Services
- Since you completed the schedule planner, do not go to Add/Drop,
- Go to Schedule Planner Registration Cart, the last item on the list
- Click on the Register box, you will be registered for all the classes at once with that one click.
- You will then be sent to the screen with View/Print Class Schedule and Fees
- Check your Schedule Planner Registration Cart periodically before the date of your scheduled registration date to make sure your classes are still there and none are on waitlisted.
- The Schedule Planner is updated constantly as changes are made to the schedule or a class is cancelled or close.
- If your class is closed or waitlisted, it will give you the option of going on the waitlist or to choose another class.
To choose another class if your selected class is waitlisted or cancel or to add another course
- Go to student services
- Look up classes to add, select term and click on Submit box
- Choose the course subject and click on Course Search
- Choose the course you want and click on the View Sections box to select the one that you want
- If you are not ready to register it will say NR to the left of the course title
- If the course is closed, it will say C to the left of the course title
- If the course is open, you will see an open □ box to the left of your course. That means the class is open and you can register for it by clicking on the open box.
- Once you have finished registering for the course you want, it will take you to the Add/Drop Classes screen where you can see the list of your courses that indicate that you are registered via web.
- This means you followed all the steps correctly, if you do not see this, go back to see what steps you missed
- Once you are registered for courses, go back to registration and click on View/Print class schedule and fees
- Now that you are registered for classes, you are ready to work on any other pending steps you may need such as applying for financial aid.
- Hopefully, you found this tutorial helpful to ease your registration experience by being able to register for all your classes at once with one click.
Frequently Asked Questions on the Transition to Online Learning:
1. I plan to graduate this semester; how does this closure impact my graduate date/status?
You will need to call or email your counselor to complete the petition. It should not impact you as long as you complete your graduation/major requirements and as long as you complete your courses with C's or better.
2. I had an appointment next week to do a comprehensive educational plan. Is this canceled, or can I meet virtually?
Counselors will be working from home. They can complete most of the plan by phone, email or Zoom, but you might need to come in when campus is open again to review and update it with your academic counselor.
3. I rely on the food pantry; will food be provided throughout the closure? If so, when?
4. I use Alt Media, what if I use other type of media? Can it be converted?
5. I use test proctoring; how will I be receiving this accommodation?
6. I use scribing services for test proctoring, how will I be receiving this accommodation?
7. I need to set up an academic advising appointment with my academic counselor or an intake appointment to apply to the program to receive DSP&S Services?
8. How will I receive tutoring services?
9. I would like to enroll for tutoring, what do I do and who do I contact?