The public information office exists to create awareness and share the story of Imperial Valley College, and its impact on the community.
PIO develops and executes strategic marketing communications campaigns; implements the district's governmental relations; and serves the college community by offering publicity, promotion, advertising, marketing and branding assistance. This office also acts as a resource before, during and after emergency situations by providing guidelines and information to help manage crisis situations.
All staff and faculty at Imperial Valley College are encouraged to work with PIO to ensure maximum exposure of their initiatives, campaigns, classes, events, or workshops.
In our interactions with our internal and external customers, we commit to the following values:
- To advocate on behalf of Imperial Valley College as an institution of higher education and as a taxpayer-supported public agency
- To foster open and honest communication internally as well as with the broader community
- To continually develop our communications expertise
- To maintain our independence in counseling on communications issues
- To be loyal to Imperial Valley College as an institution of higher learning
- To fairly articulate issues as they impact Imperial Valley College, its staff and students.
We carry out our mission by:
- Maintaining the highest professional and ethical standards
- Committing to quality in all we do
- Understanding and anticipating campus and community communications needs
- Improving efficiency and productivity
- Exceeding customer expectations
- Continuing to improve services
- Measuring outcomes
- Working as a team