What is the Imperial Valley College Educational Talent Search Program?
Imperial Valley College Educational Talent Search is a federally funded program designed to help low income and potential first- generation college students gain entry to and graduate from an institution of higher education. The goal of the program is to provide assistance to these students as a means to facilitate their post-high school educational objectives.
What Does Educational Talent Search Program Offer?
The Educational Talent Search Program staff is available to the students until he/she graduates from high school. The Educational Talent Search Program implements an extensive curriculum of supportive services to meet each students' individual academic needs. Some of the services provided include but are not limited to:
• Individual, group, and personal guidance, including career guidance
• Academic monitoring and class recommendations
• Workshops on college readiness including assistance with financial aid and college admission applications to postsecondary institutions
• Career presentations
• Tutorial assistance
• Study Skill workshops as needed
• Summer STEM component
• Parental involvement and intervention
• Fieldtrips to various college campuses
• Assistance to re-enter high school or obtainment of high school equivalency through GED testing
Who Is Eligible?
Students attending one of the target schools (Brawley Union High School, Calexico High School, Calipatria High School, Central Union High School, Southwest High School, Holtville High School, Imperial High School, San Pasqual High School) and students who have dropped out of school are eligible to apply for the Educational Talent Search Program.
To be eligible, a student must:
• Meet federal eligibility guidelines.
• Possession of academic potential for admission to postsecondary institutions.
• Be in need of the assistance provided by the Educational Talent Search Program in order to successfully complete course work.
• Obtain and complete an ETS application and confirm parents'/legal guardian's most recent income verification and parent's educational level. Parent and student must sign the application.
Who Provides the Services?
The Talent Search staff provides these services, whose commitment is to help students become ready for college consists of a Program Director, Outreach Specialist, Lead Tutors, and Peer Tutors.
Stop By Or Give Us A Call!!