Motor Vehicle Accidents
Mandatory Exchange Of Information
16025. (a) Every driver involved in the accident shall, unless rendered incapable, exchange with any other driver or property owner involved in the accident and present at the scene, all of the following information:
(1) Driver’s name and current residence address, driver’s license number, vehicle identification number, and current residence address of registered owner.
(2) Evidence of financial responsibility, as specified in Section 16020. If the financial responsibility of a person is a form of insurance, then that person shall supply the name and address of the insurance company and the number of the insurance policy.
(3) Any person failing to comply with all the requirements of this section is guilty of an infraction punishable by a fine not to exceed two hundred fifty dollars ($250).
Added Ch. 621, Stats. 1992. Effective January 1, 1993
Ammended Sec. 10, Ch. 880, Stats. 1999. Effective January 1 , 2000.
Any person involved in a traffic collision, that meets the criteria, should go to the Parking Control Office to make a report. The report should be made as soon as possible. The person reporting the collision needs to bring along the following information:
- The time and location where the collision occurred
- The license plate number of the vehicle he or she was driving when they were involved in the traffic collision
- Driver’s license
- Insurance information (name of the insurance company and their policy number)
- The names, addresses, and phone numbers of all passengers in their vehicle
- If known, the license plate numbers, names, addresses, and phone numbers of all other involved drivers and passengers.
For more information please contact the Imperial Valley College Parking Control Office at (760) 355-6308.