FINANCIAL AID AT IMPERIAL VALLEY COLLEGE
Step 1: Complete the FAFSA
Step 2: Check WEBSTAR and IVC Email to determine requirements to complete your file.
Step 3: Submit required documents and accept Terms and Conditions
Step 4: Request IVC MyCashCard to receive funds quickly by direct deposit
Additional Important information:
- Fee waivers are posted automatically if you are eligible using the FAFSA. Please contact the financial aid office if you have questions about the fee waiver.
- If WEBSTAR indicates that your FAFSA information has been rejected, please contact the financial aid office
- If your file is complete, in Spring you should receive an email that your award information is available in WEBSTAR
- If you have questions about your awards or why you were determined ineligible, please contact the financial aid office.
- IVC does not participate in the Federal Student Loan programs, so state and federal aid (except for Work-Study) is given in the form of grants and does not need to be repaid as long as you remain eligible and attend your classes
- If you have received a Cal Grant you must verify your high school graduation with the California Student Aid Commission at https://mygrantinfo.csac.ca.gov .
- You must declare an eligible major – you cannot be undecided and receive financial aid
- You must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) to remain eligible.
- We strongly encourage you to take only courses required for your major, otherwise you may run out of aid before you complete your program
Summer Financial Aid:
- If you are planning to attend IVC during Summer 2017, you must complete the current year (2016-17) FAFSA and follow the steps listed above
- You may visit the Financial Aid Lab inside building 1700 if you need assistance