Applying for Financial Aid
Step 1: Complete the FAFSA
- Create an FSA ID for yourself (and at least one parent if you are dependent) at studentaid.gov/fsa-id
- Access the FAFSA website at fafsa.gov
- Make sure to include our Federal School Code: 001214
- Make sure that you electronically sign your FAFSA using your FSA ID.
- To successfully complete the FAFSA you will need the following for yourself and your spouse (if you are married) or parents (if you are considered dependent by Department of Education guidelines):
- Social Security Number
- Eligible Non-Citizen information (if applicable)
- Federal Income tax forms
- Untaxed Income information
(Please note: Federal regulations require that you and/or your parents file the appropriate Federal Tax Return if your income and/or your parent's income exceeds the IRS filing requirements. If you fail to file a Federal Tax Return when required by the IRS then our office will not be able to continue processing your application. You can view the tax filing requirements on the instructions for 1040 at www.irs.gov )
If you have special circumstances regarding your dependency status or income that make it difficult to complete the FAFSA, please call or visit the financial aid office to discuss your options.
Step 2: Check your Financial Aid status on WebSTAR
- Check WebSTAR to see if you have any messages or unsatisfied requirements.
- Once all requirements are met, your file will be processed in the order completed for all possible awards.
- If eligible, you will receive an email and your award information will be available on WebSTAR.
- If ineligible, a message of explanation will be posted on WebSTAR.
Step 3: Select a Refund Preference
- If you have financial aid funds left over after fees are paid, you may be eligible for a refund
- Funds will be disbursed through BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by MMTX, Inc. Once awarded use the following link to select your refund preference with BankMobile Disbursements:
- Please note: Selecting a refund preference does not guarantee that you are eligible for a refund.
- If you do not choose one of the two refund preferences, your funds will be sent via check to the current mailing address on WebSTAR.
CHECK YOUR IVC EMAIL AND WEBSTAR REGULARLY FOR UPDATES TO YOUR FINANCIAL AID STATUS