1. How long does it take to process my EOPS application?
If you meet all of the following criteria, then your process will go very quickly:
- Applied for Financial Aid and have already been awarded
- Meet low income requirements
- You are a California resident
- You are enrolled in 12 or more units
2. How do I qualify for an EOPS loan?
Loans are not available for this academic year.
3. Can I participate in EOPS if I am a part-time student?
No. In order to be accepted into the program you need to be a full time student and be enrolled in 12 or more units.
4. Can I still receive EOPS services if I am not receiving Financial Aid?
Yes. In order to be in the EOPS program you need to apply for Financial Aid even though you may not be awarded.
5. Can I talk to a different counselor if my counselor is not here?
If it is a quick general question, and there is an available counselor, then you can see another counselor. Otherwise, you would need to make an appointment with your counselor.
6. When and who receives the EOPS gift cards?
New and returning EOPS students must be enrolled in 12 units or more.
Returning EOPS students that have not graduated or been dropped will receive an email to their IVC email account before the Spring and Fall semester advising them to pick up their gift cards at a desired time and date.
New students will receive a book gift card at their EOPS orientation. Attendance at EOPS orientation is mandatory. If you do not attend on EOPS orientation you will not be eligible to receive a book gift card. You will receive an e-mail letting you know the time and date of the orientation (usually one week prior to school starting).
7. When and how often can I receive bus passes?
You can receive new bus passes every TWO weeks.
8. Can I change my counselor?
You can change your counselor upon request.
9. Are there any exceptions for eligibility for EOPS?
Yes. DSPS students and Foster Youth do not have to be enrolled in 12 units. At least 6 units or more is required.
10. Where can I print my schedule?
You can print your schedule in the library or Financial Aid Lab building 1600.
11. How long can I receive EOPS Services?
You can receive EOPS Services for total up 8 semesters.
12. Do I need to reapply to EOPS every semester/year?
No. Once you are in the program you stay in the program. Only you can take yourself out by not completing your 3 appointments each semester, failing to earn a 2.0. G.P.A., or if you wish to drop the program.
If you decide to take a semester off or not enroll in any classes you will be dropped from the program.
13. How do I know if I am accepted or denied from the program?
Once you are accepted or denied you will receive an e-mail to your e-mail address.
14. When does my EOPS priority registration start to take effect?
EOPS Priority registration takes effect your 2nd semester in the program, YOU DO NOT get EOPS priority your 1st semester.
15. Do counselors take walk-ins?
Beginning Spring 2013 each counselor will offer walk-in appointments one day out of the week. Check to see on what day your counselor has walk-in appointments scheduled.
16. What if I DO NOT attend all three of the required appointments?
If you do not complete the required appointments you could be dropped from the program.
17. When do I need to make my appointments?
Each semester you will be sent a notice to your IVC e-mail regarding the specific dates, they will also be posted at the EOPS front desk in building 100.
18. If I drop a class, am I still in the program?
Check with your counselor before you dropping a class.
19. Is the Book Voucher the same as the EOPS Gift card?
No. The Book Voucher is given through your Financial Aid, and they will contact you through your IVC e-mail account. The EOPS Gift Card is provided to our returning students at the beginning of the Spring and Fall semesters.
20. How can I get tutors?
If you need a tutor, you can either ask your counselor or ask the front desk.
21. How do I receive notifications about Financial Aid, EOPS, and other organizations?
You are provided an IVC e-mail account where you receive notifications for deadlines, dates, and other important information.
22. How do I update my address(es) and phone(s) on WebSTAR?
- To update your address and phone number, you must firs LOG ON to WebSTAR.
- After logging in, you must click the Personal Information link on the top left corner of the page.
- Once you are there, click the Update Address(es) and Phone(s) link.
- Finally, click the link next to the corresponding address or phone number to update information.
It is important that you keep your information updated so that we can inform you about EOPS events and deadline such as: scheduling appointments, priority registration, book gift cards, and bus passes.