In order to be considered for participation in the EOPS Program there are a number of eligibility requirements a student must meet.
They are as follows:
- Student must be a California resident
- Student must be enrolled in 12 units or more in fall/spring semester (unless approved by Program Coordinator)
- Student cannot have completed more than 70 degree applicable units
- Student must qualify for a California College Promise Grant Fee Waiver (CCPG)
- Student must meet one of the following criteria:
- Not be a high school graduate and not possess a General Education Diploma (GED)
- High school GPA must be below 2.50
- Has been enrolled in remedial courses while attending high school
- Student must apply for financial aid
If none of the above are met the EOPS/CARE Coordinator may take other relevant criteria into consideration to determine eligibility for the Program as outlined in Title V of the California Education Code.