Tutoring Services Expectations
All tutors must comply with all of the following:
- All Tutors are expected to conduct themselves in a respectful manner that is consistent with the behavior standards of Imperial Valley College.
- Students are to be treated with respect.
- Patience is expected from both tutors and students.
- Tutors must come prepared for each tutoring session.
- Tutors must be punctual
- Be honest:
- Tutors are students, not instructors. There will be time they will struggle, it is the recommendation of the Learning Services Department that tutors inform the student that, "at the moment I don't know the answer to this question"
- Tutors must comply with staff observations of tutoring sessions to evaluate the quality of tutoring services being provided.
Observations may be conducted during appointments, drop-ins and/or review sessions.
Failure of compliance with any of the listed above may result in disciplinary action by coordinator