Work-Study Award Terms and Conditions
Please read each of the following terms and conditions of your Work-Study award:
- I understand that an ESTIMATED number of work-study hours have been awarded to me. My work-study award may be decreased or increased based on the availability of college work-study funds and my eligibility. I may not work more than 15 hours per week or 8 hours in one day. I am responsible for keeping track of the hours I have worked so that I do not exceed my awarded hours. Any hours I work in excess of the original award will be considered volunteer hours and I WILL NOT BE PAID FOR THOSE HOURS.
- I understand that I must maintain continuous enrollment in 6 units in order to retain eligibility for my work-study award.
- I understand that I must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards SAP Policy, or follow an approved Academic Plan if on appeal in order to retain eligibility for my work-study award. If I fail to maintain SAP, my work-study offer will be canceled on the date of determination.
- I understand that I must be in good conduct standing in accordance with the school's AP 5500 Standard of Student Conduct.
- I understand that student employment is temporary in nature and no contract of employment has been offered or received.
- I understand that student employment is contingent on ICCD Board approval and may be terminated at any time for any reason.
- I understand that Federal Work-Study earnings are taxable and must be reported to the IRS if I am required to file a tax return.
- I understand that Student employment does NOT constitute "employment" for purposes of Unemployment Insurance Coverage under the provisions of Section 642 of the UI Code. However, I understand that if I am already receiving unemployment insurance benefits I am required to notify the California Employment Development Department (EDD) of my work-study employment.
- I understand that I am responsible for submitting a timesheet via Web Time no later than the 10th of each month. My reported hours will be reviewed and approved by your immediate supervisor or a work-study coordinator.
- I understand that when completing timesheets, I will round off to the nearest ¼ of an hour, for example, 15 minutes (¼ hour) equals .25, 30 minutes (½ hour) equals .5, etc. Improperly completed timesheets will not be accepted. They will be returned for corrections and may not be processed until the following pay period.
- I understand that any late timesheets will NOT be processed in the normal scheduled payroll, but will be processed with the following month's payroll process.
- I understand that I may not work during class time or exam periods. Any exceptions, such as class cancelation, must be documented. Your time in and time out will be documented on the monthly work-study Timecard.
- I understand that work-study checks will be mailed to the student's mailing address on the last working day of each month.
- I understand that work-study students are eligible to accrue sick leave in accordance with California AB 1522.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to read and understand the content of the Work-Study Student Handbook.
- I understand that I will pick up and submit my evaluation/termination worksheet at the end of the program.
- I understand that all questions and concerns regarding IVC's Student Employment are to be directed to Human Resources Generalist:
- I understand that all questions and concerns regarding the Work-Study program are to be directed to one of the Work-Study Coordinators: