The US Department of Education Certification and Agreement directs each institution applying for Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds (HEERF) to comply with Section 18004(e) of the CARES Act and to post the following information 30 days after the date when the institution received its allocation under 18804(a0(1) and updated every 45 days thereafter.
Imperial Valley College received allocation: 4/21/2020
Date of First Report: 5/21/2020
1. Imperial Valley College acknowledges that the institution signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and assures that the institution has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
2. The total amount of funds that the institution has received and fully disbursed to students from the Department pursuant to the institution's Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students is $2,497,575. An additional $2,497,575 was received for institutional use, $1, 237,708 of these funds have been used to disburse additional grants to students.
3. The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of the date of submission (i.e., as of the 30-day Report and every 45 days thereafter).
4. The estimated total number of students at the institution eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 4964.
5. The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
6. The method(s) used by the institution to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
7. Any instructions, directions, or guidance provided by the institution to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants.
A webpage was created to provide CARES Act Emergency Grant information to students at https://www.imperial.edu/legacy/students/financial-aid-and-scholarships/covid-related-emergency-grants/2020-2021-crrsa-act-emergency-grants/