Imperial Valley College has a unique opportunity to create a physical and emotional connection with our students, employees, and greater community that can lead to an impact on people of all age groups.
It is the Taskforce's hopes to have the newly established mascot create a brand personality that is reflective of the Imperial Valley College that bears connection to the Imperial Valley.
The Mascot Identity Taskforce looks to you, to help us identify our new mascot for 2023 and beyond!
Mascot Survey Spring 2022
Mascot Drawing Contest
Submission deadline for Mascot Drawing Contest is on Feb. 28th 2022.
Mascot Submission Guidelines
- Mascot artwork/design should be original work only. Clip art images/ illustrations are not permitted.
- Any artwork or concept that is deemed to be plagiarized will be immediately disqualified.
- Entrant may NOT post their submissions on public sharing websites, such as; DeviantArt, Tumblr, Facebook, Instagram, etc. until an official winner has been announced on the IVC website. Violators will be disqualified from the Contest.
- Nudity (implied or actual), drug paraphernalia or other non-‐family friendly Mascot design and Name submissions will be removed from the competition. Any entries deemed inappropriate by the Mascot Task Force will be removed from the competition.
- If an entrant is found to be harassing or threatening a fellow entrant, be it online or elsewhere, the entrant responsible for the harassment or threats will be disqualified from the Contest.
- All entries submitted will become the property of Imperial Valley Community College and cannot be pitched or used without express written permission of Imperial Valley Community College.
- Entries can be created in any medium such as: pencil, marker, crayon and paint; or created digitally on a computer with programs like Illustrator or Photoshop.
- All entries need to be submitted as a high resolution 8.5 x 11 file in a .png, .jpg, .eps or .pdf format.
All entries must concede the following:
- I am (a) competent legal adult, 18 years of age or older.
- I have read the Official Contest Rules and agree to comply with the rules as stated.
- My mascot artwork/design/name complies with the rules and meets the requirements and guidelines stated.
I represent and warrant the following:
- I am the sole creator of the mascot artwork/design/name, which I am submitting for the Contest.
- My mascot artwork/design/name is a completely original work and has not been copied from some other source.
- My mascot artwork/design/name is not obscene or libelous and does not violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party.
- I agree that all rights to my mascot artwork/design/name, in part or in whole will be the property of Imperial Community College District.
- If my mascot artwork/design/name is selected as a winning entry, in whole or in part, I understand and agree that the College may register it for any trademark, service mark, or copyright purposes (at the College's sole expense, and the College will solely own such registration.)
- I give the College permission to publicize or make known my name and photograph for promotional purposes, without compensation, in connection with the contest and my mascot artwork/design/name.
- I understand that I will not receive any money, payment, royalties or compensation of any kind from the College for my mascot artwork/design/name or for all the rights to the mascot artwork/design/name unless my mascot artwork/design/name is selected by the College as the winning entry. If my mascot artwork/design/name is selected as the winning entry, I understand that I will be eligible to receive a contest prize.
- If my mascot artwork/design/name is selected as a winning entry, I agree to complete, sign, and execute any other documents reasonably necessary or reasonably requested by the College.
- I understand that the Contest may be terminated by the College at its discretion.
- I understand that my mascot artwork/design/name may be disqualified by the College pursuant to the contest submission requirements outlined in this form.
- I agree to indemnify and hold the College harmless against any claim demand, fine, penalty, judgment, loss, expense or liability that may be made against or incurred by the College by reason of the failure or falsity of any of the representations and warranties made in section 5 above, including, but not limited to, all costs, expenses, and legal fees.
- I understand and agree that if any one portion of this Agreement is found to be unforeseeable or prohibitive, the remainder of the Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
- I understand and agree that this Agreement shall be binding on the successors, heirs, assigns, and representatives of the parties.
- I understand and agree that this Agreement shall be interpreted according to the laws of the State of California.
Who We Are... The Mascot Identity Taskforce was formed in collaboration with ASG, the administration, participatory governance committees, and alumnus.
● Associated Student Government Body President
● Associated Student Government Senator
● Director of Student Development and Activities
● Director of Institutional Research
● Communications and Governmental Relations Officer
● College Council Chair
● Athletic Director, Faculty
● Academic Senate President, Faculty
● Vice President of Student Services
● Dean of Student Affairs, Enrollment Management and Campus Safety
● Classified CSEA
● IVC Alumnus
Our Goal... The Mascot Identity Task Force will work towards identifying the students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members' stance on the Arab as a mascot for Imperial Valley College. Assessing the community perspective, our process share the results of the survey with participatory governance committees, Associated Students Government and IVC Board of Trustees
Participatory Governance Committees in Support of ASG Mascot Resolution
Associated Students Government
College Leadership Council
Facilities and Environmental Health & Safety
Public Relations and Marketing
Mascot Identity Task Force Recommendation
After careful consideration, an analysis of the survey sample that was statistically significant of our community and input received from students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members during town hall meetings, through social media, and from IVC participatory governance committees, the MITF recommends that the Board of Trustees adopt the Associated Students Government Resolution No. 19567: Resolution in Support of Retiring Current Mascot and Adopting New Mascot.
Closed captioning available on videos
IVC Mascot Town Hall Oct. 29, 2020