- College or University, community college, trade school, or adult education courses:
- should relate to the position currently occupied by the employee, or in an assignment that is included within the employee's classification groupings (i.e., related classification as in higher classifications).
- should meet the requirements of the position for which the employee is training within his /her job class grouping or the professional growth experience in professional development manifested by an increase in knowledge, skills, alertness and is able to respond to the needs of the District, its students, and the community.
No credit will be allowed for activities taken during the employee’s normal work schedule with the exception of flex week and approved District workshops or seminars. (Approved District workshops are those approved in advance by the Director of Human Resources.)
- The following activities are considered professional growth activities under this program:
- Professional seminars and workshops sponsored by the District or outside agencies and paid for by the employee, and taken outside the employee's normal work schedule.
- Educational courses paid for by the employee and taken outside the employee's normal work schedule.
- Other educational and training activities outside normal working hours, e.g. flex activities, community and focus groups.
- The following activities are not considered professional growth activities under this program:
- Orientation, on-the-job training, safety training, informational meetings and committee meetings.
- Educational and training activities (fees, tuition, books and materials, release time) which are paid for by the District.
Completed points must be reported to the Director of Human Resources Office within ten (10) days of completion or no later than February 1.