Public Relations & Marketing Committee
The IVC Public Relations and Marketing Committee is responsible for providing guidance and support for both internal and external initiatives and communication strategies that promote and enhance the mission of Imperial Valley College.
It's purpose is to increase the overall visibility and enhance the reputation of Imperial Valley College. The hallmarks of the college are academic excellence, responsive student services, advanced technology, community and industry partnerships, and workforce and economic development.
IVC's Public Relations efforts are meant to develop two way communication with stakeholders, highlight the excellent education and dynamic services it provides to the community, and ensure the college's growth, prosperity and future.
The IVC Public Relations and Marketing Committee meets on the third Wednesday of every month at 12:50pm (Campus Hour) in the IT Training Room (903).
Public Relations/Marketing Committee Makeup
The committee shall have at least 10 members in addition to the Public Relations Consultant. Five of the members will be serving at large. The members of the Public Relations and Marketing Committee representing campus constituencies include:
• At least one faculty member appointed by Academic Senate
• At least one classified member appointed by CSEA
• At least one member of the CMCA appointed by CMCA
• At least one student at large appointed by ASG
• At least one administrator appointed by the Administrative Council
• Public Relations consultant
Public Relations/Marketing Committee Members
The current members of the Public Relations and Marketing Committee are:
• Jill Nelipovich, Faculty
• Norma Nunez, Faculty
• Kathy Rodriguez, Faculty
• Mike Nicholas, Chair and Classified
• Patricia Robles, Classified
• Gloria Carmona, CMCA
• Omar Ramos, CMCA
• Lisa Seals, CMCA
• Vacant, Student
• Efrain Silva, Administrator
• Bill Gay, Co-Chair and Public Relations Consultant
Angie Gallo, Recording Secretary
ExOfficio: Peggy Dale, PR Consultant