The Citizens Bond Oversight is currently inactive. All Measure J and L bond funds have been expended. The membership below is as of June 30, 2016.
|Alicia Armenta||Member at large||3/19/15 - 3/18/17 (first term)|
|Valerie Barrientos||Student Representative||3/19/15 - 3/18/17 (first term)|
|Kathy Berry||Retired Member||3/19/15 - 3/18/17 (first term)|
|Jerry M. Brittsan||Taxpayers association member||10/17/14 - 10/16/16 (second term)|
|Ryan D. Childers (chair)||Business organization member||2/19/15 - 2/20/17 (second term)|
|Gabriel Contreras||Member at large||10/17/14 - 10/16/16 (second term)|
|Amy K. Diaz||Member at large/Student representative||3/19/15 - 3/18/17 (first term)|
|Harold Walk||Foundation member||2/19/2017 (first Term)|
Purpose: "to inform the public concerning the expenditure of bond revenues"
Term of office:
No member may serve more than two (2) consecutive terms.
The committee shall consists of a minimum of seven members appointed by the Board of Trustees from a list of candidates submitting written applications and based on criteria established by Prop 39, to wit:
- one member active in a business organization
- one member active in a senior citizen's organization
- one member in a bona-fide taxpayers association
- one member shall be a student who is both currently enrolled in the district and active in a community college group, such as student government. The community college student may, at the discretion of the board, serve up to six months after his or her graduation.
- one member shall be active in the support and organization of a community college, such as a member of an advisory council or foundation
- two members of the community at-large appointed by the Board
Actively review and report on the proper expenditure of taxpayers' money for school construction.Advise the public as to whether the District is in compliance with Section 1(b)(3) of Article XIIIA.Provide oversight for both of the following: ensuring that bond revenues are expended only for the purposes described in Article XIIIA, Section 1(b)(3), and ensuring that no funds are used for any teacher or administrative salaries or other school operating expenses.Issue regular reports on the results of activities, at least once a year.