Distance Education Committee
The purpose of the Distance Education Committee will be to advise the Senate, its Curriculum subcommittee, and the Technology Planning Committee on designs, implementation strategies, resources needed, and policies for distance education; to provide a faculty overview of all distance education and distributed activities conducted at Imperial Valley College; and to work with all relevant faculty and administrators to foster innovation while maintaining, enhancing, and evaluating high standards of academic quality, at a level appropriate to the students for which the content is developed.
Core Value Statement
The core value of the DE Committee is to increase educational access for students by supporting online delivery of high quality instruction. All students should have the opportunity to achieve their educational goals.
The function of the Distance Education Committee is to develop and review policies and procedures necessary to the implementation and evaluation of the distance education program at Imperial Valley College.
The DE Committee meets on the third Tuesday of each month from 12:50pm-1:50pm in Room 2727, unless otherwise announced.
The Committee shall be comprised of the following: administrative representative (Co-Chair); Distance Education Coordinator (Co-Chair); six faculty representatives (including at least one non-teaching and one part-time); classified representative; technology representative; DSPS representative; and a student representative.
The Academic Senate will approve all faculty positions; the remaining positions will be appointed by the bargaining unit representative or division head in consultation with the Co-Chairs and the Vice President of Academic Services. The student representative will be selected by the Associated Student Government.
Terms for all members shall be for two years with the exception of the Distance Education Coordinator, the DSPS representative, and the Technology representative.
- Distance Education Coordinator, Co-Chair: Xochit Tirado
- Jeff Enz, Administrative Representative, Co-Chair
- Austen Thelen, Faculty Representative (FT)
- Nannette Kelly, Faculty Representative (FT)
- Terrie Sullivan, Faculty Representative (FT)
- Richard Epps, Faculty Representative (FT)
- Glenn Granish, Faculty Representative (PT)
- Kristen Gomez, Faculty Representative (Non-Teaching)
- Martin Moreno, Classified Representative
- Omar Ramos, Technology Representative
- DSPS Representative: Vacant
- Benjamin Barajas, Student Representative
- Melody Chronister, Recording Secretary (non-voting member)