IVC RN Program – TEAS Pre-entrance Test
All RN and LVN to RN applicants must pass the TEAS with a 62% or higher score.
This is a diagnostic test in basic Math, Reading, and Science. Students who fail to achieve a passing score must complete additional course work. The TEAS is an online computer test administered by a test proctor in the IVC Nursing Learning Center (NLC). If students do not pass on the first attempt, a remediation plan will be required to test a second time and no sooner than six (6) months after the first test – see instructions below. Proof of remediation and results of first and second test attempts must be attached to the nursing program application.
- ATI TEAS (Version 6) required
- IVC Nursing will offer a one-week TEAS Tutoring.
- Students purchase the TEAS resources on their own, see Test Preparation below. Practice tests strongly recommended before taking the actual test.
- Points awarded when the student has passed with 62% or higher. A 3-year wait time is required to retest for a higher score.
- 90 - 100% = 20 points
- 70 - 89% = 17 points
- 62 - 69% = 12 points
- 61% or less= 0 points
- A 6-month wait period is required to retest if the student did not pass with 62%.
- If the first attempt is a score of 55% or lower Math and Science, additional remediation in these areas will be needed.
- If scoring 60% or lower in Reading, remediation such as taking additional ENG or READ courses may be necessary. This may involve the assistance of the program counselor.
- A score less than 80% on the practice assessments indicates that the student is not ready to test. Additional personal study is needed which is the foundation for preparing for the TEAS.
- If seeking a higher score for points, students must wait three (3) years before retesting, regardless of where they took the test. The test can be repeated if the version changes.
- If a passing score is not achieved after two attempts regardless of where it was taken, the student can no longer apply to the Registered Nursing Program at IVC.
- Students who take the TEAS at other locations must request a 'TEAS Transcript' to be sent to Imperial Valley College Nursing Department.
- It is recommended students complete all prerequisite coursework first before attempting to take the TEAS.
- Study materials are obtained directly from ATI Nursing Education
- Log on to the ATI website and create an account, noting your username and password available
IVC Testing Dates
- CANCELLED Feature days will be announced at a later time
IVC Nursing will offer a one-week TEAS Tutoring from January 13th – 17th , 9 am – 1 pm (Please sign up in the NLC - 760-355-6530)
- Fall 2019 TEAS testing :
|Day||Date||Time||Room||For Application Period of:|
|Friday||February 28, 2020||8:45 am||2158||March 2nd - 31th 2020|
|Friday||March 13, 2020||8:45 am||2158|
TEAS exam has been cancelled until further notice. New dates will be posted as soon as they become available.
|Friday||March 27, 2020||CANCELLED|
Students must register following the instructions below under 'How to Register'.
How to register
- Register in Room #2137 Nursing Learning Center (760) 355-6530 or #2155 Nursing Office (760) 355-6348. Leave a message if no answer, include a call back phone #, email address, and reason for call as the NLC is a very busy center for pre-nursing, nursing and allied health students.
- Once you have registered, you are scheduled for that day. Cancellations are necessary 24 hours before day of testing – no shows may need to wait to reschedule testing. Students should not schedule to take the TEAS if they feel they are not ready.
On the day of the test:
- Print out the IVC TEAS Survey and submit to the testing proctor
- Bring a picture ID – IVC Student ID or CA driver's license acceptable - students without the proper ID will not be allowed to test
- Bring a pencil or pen
- Plan on arriving minimum 20 minutes before check-in to have time to park and check in. Late admissions after check-in are not accepted.
- The test is held in Room 2158 of the 2100 Health Sciences Building, Nursing Computer Lab – an IVC parking pass or day pass will be required.