Lost and Damaged Materials
Replacement charges are calculated as follows:
- The purchase price of the item, which can be located in the automated library catalog is based upon the list price, or if the item is out-of-print, an average book price determined through OCLC or similar database.
- The billing fees will include the maximum overdue fine of $10.00, plus a non-refundable processing fee of $10.00.
- Users are charged for damaged items at the cost of restoration, or replacement if necessary. The patron may keep the damaged item after payment has been made.
- When a user has paid for a lost book, a refund for the book will be given if the item is returned within six (6) months from the date of the receipt. A receipt with the amount paid and the last date to receive a refund shall be given to the user at the time they pay for the materials. Any materials returned after the six (6) month period are not eligible for any refunds and the user may keep these materials.
- Payments are payable at the Spencer Library Media Center, in cash, by check, or by money order.
- Payments may also be paid at Business Services Building 10 in cash, by check, by money order, MasterCard or Visa.
- Payments may also be made online through student WebSTAR Accounts.
- Students with outstanding debts to Imperial Valley College, including unpaid Spencer Library Media Center accounts, will not be permitted to register, graduate, or obtain transcripts.