Watch this short video and learn what IVC is doing for you!
AB 705 is a law that requires California Community Colleges to maximize the probability that students will enter and complete transfer level coursework in English and math, all within a one-year time frame.
No Placement Exams!
You will not need to take any placement exams for math or English. California community colleges are required to use different methods to determine your placement. For example they can use:
- High School coursework
- High School Grades
- Grade Point Average
If you don't have access to any of these methods, our counseling department can help you with a guided self-placement.
But are you asking yourself....
Can I do it?
IVC is going to give you the support you need inside the classroom and outside the classroom.
- The Study Skills Center is here to help you succeed! Make an appointment to meet with a tutor once, twice or even three times a week for the entire semester. Come visit the SSC inside the library Bldg 1500.
- Our Embeded Tutor Program provides a tutor right in your classroom. The tutor will be with you every step of the way, in and out of the class. To find out if your class will have an embedded tutor (click here)
- IVC will create an English co-requisite Center where you can work on your class assigments with professors, tutors and your peers.
- The PUENTE project is an academic, counseling and mentoring program of support for students to build the skills necessary for success in both academic and career goals at IVC. For more information on the PUENTE program (click here)
Go visit your counselor today! They provide the counseling, instruction and services to assist you as an individual to attain your goal. To make an appoitment with your counselor, you can go in person to the Hector L. Lopez Student Services Center (bldg. 100):
- Mon-Thu 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
or you can go ahead call number (760) 355-6543.
|Monday - Thursday: 8am to 7pm
Fri: 8am to 5pm
|Location:||1500 Building (Library)|