State Authorization

DE State Authorization

State Authorization
Imperial Valley College is authorized to provide distance education in the states of California and Arizona.  Students residing in states other than California and Arizona should contact the IVC Distance Education Coordinator prior to registering for distance education courses at Imperial Valley College and/or contact their state's Department of Education for additional information. 

IVC Distance Education Coordinator
Students requesting additional information may contact Xochitl Tirado at 760-355-6188, or by email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Distance Education Complaint Process for Arizona Students
In compliance with the Higher Education Opportunities Act of 2008, the U.S. Department of Education (USDOE) conducted a Negotiated Rule Making Process in 2010, and institutions offering distance education must provide enrolled and prospective students with contact information for filing complaints with its accrediting agency and with the appropriate state agency for handling complaints in the student's state. 

Arizona residents enrolled in online classes at Imperial Valley College should follow the Complaint Procedures listed in IVC's Student Conduct and Complaint Policies listed in the General Catalog to resolve concerns.  Online students have the same rights and responsibilities as students enrolled in on-campus courses. 

Complaints are addressed through informal and formal processes.  It is suggested that students first try to resolve an issue through the informal report and resolution process listed in the General Catalog before submitting a formal complaint. 

Imperial Valley College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACCJC).  Information regarding their complaint process can be found on the ACCJC website at

If after following the college procedure the issue cannot be resolved internally, Arizona residents can seek additional resolution by contacting the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education through their website at or at 1400 W. Washington Street, Phoenix, AZ 85007, phone: 602-542-5709, fax: 602-542-1253.