The IVC Redistricting Citizen's Advisory Committee will meet again at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday September 27 in the Board Room to finish revisions to draft scenarios in preparation for holding public workshops throughout the IVC District in October.
All committee meetings are open to the public.
On Tuesday, September 20, the committee eliminated two scenarios from consideration (Scenarios 2 and 3) and modified Scenario 1. It will continue work on modifications to Scenarios 4 and 5. This again will be a working meeting with lots of interaction with the demographer. The committee will adjust the scenarios on the spot to see how boundaries would change using various data inputs.
All scenarios under consideration are posted on the redistricting website at http://www.imperial.edu/faculty-and-staff/campus-committees/advisory-and-mandated-committees/redistricting/proposed-scenarios/scenarios/
Community meetings have been scheduled as follows:
- District 1 Calexico: 6 p.m.(Tuesday) October 11 in the Calexico Unified School District Board Room, 901 Andrade Ave.
- District 2 El Centro: 6 p.m. (Wednesday) October 12 in the Central Union High School District Board Room, 351 Ross Ave.
- District 3 Imperial: 6 p.m. (Thursday) October 13 in the Imperial Unified School District Board Room, 219 N. E Street
- District 4 Brawley: 6 p.m. (Tuesday) October 18 in the Brawley Union High School District Board Room, 480 N. Imperial Ave.
- District 5 Holtville: 6 p.m. (Wednesday) October 26 in the Holtville Unified School District Board Room, 621 E. Sixth St.
- District 6 Calipatria: 6 p.m. (Tuesday) October 25 in the Calipatria Unified School District Board Room, 501 W. Main St.
- District 7 San Pasqual/Winterhaven 6 p.m. (Thursday) October 27: location to be determined.