Created on 26 June 2012
Last Updated on 07 March 2017
Published on 26 June 2012
- Next Application Periods: September 1-30, 2017 (for Spring) and March 1-31, 2018 (for Fall).
- New - BIOL 200 and 202 or BIOL 204 and 206 will replace the BIOL 090 prerequisite effective September 2017 application period and after. There are prerequisites to these BIOL classes – students should refer to the BIOL course descriptions in the College catalog.
- LVN Information Sessions:
Students applying to the LVN Program at IVC must be a U.S. high school graduate or have completed the GED, 18 years of age or older, in good health and able to lift minimum 35lb or more, and have met the prerequisite course work. Foreign high school transcripts or diplomas arenotaccepted unless they have been evaluated by a professional credentials service.
Completion of the courses below with a minimum 2.0 GPA or C grade meets eligibility to apply for LVN. Completion of Co-requisite PSY 204, Developmental Psychology (Lifespan) is strongly recommended prior to applying. Students may apply with coursework in progress, however, students who have fulfilled the prerequisite courses have priority.
||Composition & Reading
|BIOL 200 & 202, or
||Human Anatomy & Physiology Part 1 and 2
|BIOL 204 & 206
||Human Anatomy & Human Physiology
*There are prerequisites to these courses – students should refer to the BIOL course descriptions in the College Catalog for direction.
PSY 204, Developmental Psychology is a co-requisite in first semester of the LVN Program, but students are strongly recommended to complete this course along with the prerequisites to better focus on nursing courses if accepted.
For advisement on prerequisites or any other questions, students should meet with the Nursing Counselor, or their counselor. The Nursing counselor, Stella Orfanos-Woo, is located in the Counseling Department, Building 100. She can be reached by email at
or 760-355-6259, or 355-6543 for appointments.
If admitted to the program, students must complete Clearance Requirements which include CPR for Healthcare Providers from American Heart Association, a background check and drug screen, TB Screen, physical exam and immunizations (2-step MMR, T-dap, Influenza, Varicella, and Hepatitis B). Information is provided to students upon admission.
LVN Information Packet
CA Board of Vocational Nurse & Psychiatric Technicians
Registering for the NCLEX PN
Call from mobile
Add to Skype
You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype
The IVC Nursing Department is located in the 2100 Health Sciences Building through the Hallway – Department Office is in 2155
- Tina Aguirre, Dean of Health & Public Safety – – 760-355-6347
- Laura Hartsock, Administrative Secretary to the Dean - – 760-355-6348
- Dolores Hartfield, Staff Secretary to the Dean - – 760-355-6468