1. CAMPUS CLOSED: Today has been the first day of the campus closure. We want to express sincere gratitude to the faculty, staff and leadership team for working so hard to teach and serve our students during this challenging period. During this closure, a few employees who are directed by their supervisors will be on campus. We are also holding lab skills courses on site for two programs that cannot be transitioned to an online format.
2. TRAINING AVAILABLE UNTIL WEDNESDAY, MARCH 18, 2020: In-person training is being offered to learn how to use Canvas and Zoom. Please take advantage of the following trainings:
Please register for the trainings listed below, login, select
Tuesday, March 17, 2020 Workshops
Canvas – Room 3900 (TLC)
· 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. (intermediate/advanced)
· 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.(beginners)
· 2:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. (intermediate/advanced)
· 5:30 p.m.- 7:30 p.m. (beginners)
Video Recording - Room 3900 (TLC) or via Zoom
· 11:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
· 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
· 4:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. via Zoom
· 5:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. via Zoom
· 5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. via Zoom
ConferZoom - Room 3900 (TLC) or via Zoom
· 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. via Zoom
· 12:15 p.m. - 1:15 p.m.
· 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
· 7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. via Zoom
Student Services Team Only Training – Room 3109
· 9:00 a.m.- 12:00 pm
Wednesday, March 18, 2020 Workshops
Canvas – Room 3900 (TLC)
· 9:00 a.m. -11:00 a.m.(beginners)
ConferZoom - Room 3900 (TLC)
· 11:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m.
You may attend multiple trainings. If you need additional assistance, please communicate with your dean.
3. TENURE CELEBRATION POSTPONED: While the Imperial Community College District Board will be voting Wednesday, March 18, 2020 on Resolution Number: 18971 to grant tenure to 12 faculty members, the campus closure and social distancing measures have required that we postpone the planned reception. However, that does not minimize the accomplishments of these exceptional professionals. We look forward to recognizing them at a later date. Meanwhile, we offer our sincere congratulations to:
Dr. Cuauhtemoc Carboni
John Clarkson (Granted Posthumously)
Dr. Melani Guinn
Dr. Michael Kanyi
Dr. Cynthia Spence
Elizabeth Trevino Margarita Vizcarra
4. INTERNET SERVICE: As we transition to offering most courses virtually, Internet providers are committing to assist students who do not have internet service. Spectrum offers two free months for new users for K-12 and/or college students up to 100 Mbps – you must call 844-488-8395. https://www.spectrum.com/browse/content/spectrum-internet-assist
5. All K-12 SCHOOLS CLOSE AS OF MARCH 17, 2020: The Imperial County Office of Education announced Monday, March 16, 2020 that District Superintendents and ICOE have decided in concurrence with the Imperial County Public Health Department to close all public Imperial County Schools beginning Tuesday, March 17th. The closures will last through Friday, April 17, 2020.
6. BUS SERVICE TO IVC HALTED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE: Effective, Monday, March 16, 2020, all bus routes to and from Imperial Valley College (IVC) have been cancelled until further notice. If you have any questions, please contact the IVC Campus Safety & Parking Control Office at 760-355-6306