Upward Bound Program provides fundamental support to participants in their preparation for college entrance. The program provides opportunities for participants to succeed in pre-college performances and ultimately in higher education pursuits. Upward Bound serves high school students from low-income families and high school students from families in which neither parent holds a bachelors degree. All program activities and services are free of charge to qualifying students.
· Counseling: Academic and personal.
· Four-week campus life experience at the University of California San Diego.
· College and University tours.
· Saturday Technology session at Imperial Valley College.
· College admission applications and financial aid assistance.
Who qualifies for the program?
· Low Income as established by the US Department of Education.
· Citizen, National or Peramnent Resident of the United States.
· Fisrt generation college bound student at the time of initial selection.
· Have completed the 8th grade.
· Is at least 13 years of age.
· Must be a student at one of the school the program services: Brawley, Calexico, Calipatria, Central, Holtville, Imperial or Southwest.
Applications for the program can be obtained at our Upward Bound office (on the IVC campus, building 2000) or can be submitted by e-mail.
UPDATE: Recruitment fot the 2012-2013 academic year has commenced. We are currently looking to fill 30 vacancies left by graduating Seniors. The program will be recruiting at the following high school for the vacancies: Brawley, Calexico, Central, Holtville, Imperial and Southwest.
Copyright © 2011 Imperial Valley College. All Rights Reserved
380 E. Aten Rd., Imperial, CA 92251 | Main Campus Phone: 760-352-8320
For Employment Opportunities, please visit www.imperial.edu/jobs | Website Problems?
AlertU Emergency Alerts Signup | Student Complaint Policy | Campus Smoking Policy | Student of Concern Form | IVC Facebook Page