Having trouble finding something or have a question? Contact Us | Main Campus Phone: 760-352-8320 (Directory)
The new OpenCCCApply system is now available. Apply Now.


Imperial Valley College would like to thank all military personnel for their service to our country!

USMC Iwo Jima War Memorial


Bring the following with you to your appointment:

  • DD214 or NOBE
  • Copy of VONAPP (if you have it)
  • Certificate of Eligibility from the VA
  • Unofficial copies of all other transcripts (ACE, SMART or other colleges and universities)

Please call 355-6543, or stop by the Hector L. Lopez Student Services Center (building 100) to make an appointment with an academic counselor. The counselor will assist you with academic issues and complete a Student Educational Plan for your chosen goal; turn in a copy to the veterans' representative in financial aid.


By completing the "Armed Forces Request for Priority Registration" form and presenting their current military ID card or copy of their DD214 to the Admissions and Records Department, all former and current members of the armed forces will have priority registration for all terms at IVC.


  • Chapter 30 for Veterans entering service after June 30, 1985 or having entitlement from post Korean Conflict Bill
  • Chapter 1606 for selected Reserves and National Guard
  • Chapter 32 for Veterans who served on active duty after December 31, 1976 and made voluntary contributions into an educational fund
  • Chapter 33 for Veterans who have served at least 90 days of active military duty since September 11, 2001
  • Chapter 35 for dependent of a Veteran who died while on active duty or who is classified 100% disable as a result of active service in the military may be eligible for educational benefits and/or fee payments
  • Chapter 31 for Veterans determined eligible for benefits by Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Vet Success services
  • Chapter VRAP for Veterans Retraining Assistance Program from October 1, 2012 thru March 31, 2014.


Official transcripts from all institutions attended must be on file in the Admissions and Records office. To receive credit for PE 110 and/or Health Ed 100, you must present your DD214 pg.4 to the veterans' representative in the Financial Aid department within the first two weeks of the session and receive the crash information to add the course(s).

Additional military credit will be considered by petition and presentation of proper documentation. Total number of units of military credit is not to exceed 16 units.


Please complete and bring to the veterans representative in the Financial Aid department.



New GI Bill-Benefits VideoLogo
New GI Bill-Eligibility VideoLogo
New GI Bill-Specific Questions VideoLogo
Veterans-Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB) Programs and othe VA Educational Benefit Programs VideoLogo

Staff Login Form

Please use the first part of your IVC Email (e.g. joe.smith) and your Email Password to login. If you are a student, please use the Student Portal to login.