1. Who is eligible for summer Pell Grant?
• Continuing and returning IVC students in Good academic standing with remaining Pell Grant eligibility
• New IVC students who have met the high school equivalency requirement prior to June 20, 2016
2. What types of financial aid are available in the summer?
• Pell Grant
• Board of Governor's Fee Waiver (BOGFW)
3. Do I need to apply for Summer Financial Aid?
• If you have already applied for the 2015-16 award year, you need not apply again. See question 4 for information on how eligibility is determined.
• If you have not applied, you must complete the 2015-16 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) no later than June 30, 2016.
• Your financial aid file must be completed with no missing requirements no later than July 14, 2016.
• If you are applying for BOGFW only, the BOGFW paper application is due no later than July 28, 2016.
Note: You must complete the 2016-17 FAFSA for Fall 2016
4. How is my summer financial aid eligibility determined?
• Continuing students who did not receive the maximum Pell Grant for the 2015-16 and are meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress standards may have summer eligibility. For example, if you were paid for full-time enrollment FALL 2015 and SPRING 2016 you already received 100% of your 2015-16 Pell Grant award and you have no remaining eligibility for a Summer payment.
• The amount you will receive is based on your Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) as determined by the U. S. Department of Education, and your enrollment status for the summer term.
• Enrollment status is determined by the number of enrolled units:
|3/4-time||9 (max for Summer)|
|1/2-time||6 to 8.5|
|Less than 1/2-time||.5 to 5.5|
5. When can I view the summer financial aid award?
Summer awards are currently posted in WEBSTAR but will be pending evaluation of Spring 2016 grades and actual enrollment status (posted awards always assume fulltime status which is generally not available during summer session). Check your messages and outstanding requirements frequently for updates.
6. I am thinking about dropping a summer class. Will this affect my summer financial aid?
If you have been paid for a class that you never attend, your enrollment status will be recalculated and your award may be adjusted.
7. I am thinking about dropping all my summer classes. How will this affect my summer financial aid?
If you have been paid financial aid funds and drop all classes before July 13th (60% point of the term), you may be required to pay that portion of the aid which was unearned.
8. Can I appeal my SAP Disqualification for summer financial aid?
No. SAP Appeals for disqualification are not considered for summer financial aid. You must be making academic progress, as determined at the end of the spring term, in order to receive summer financial aid.
Copyright © 2011 Imperial Valley College. All Rights Reserved
380 E. Aten Rd., Imperial, CA 92251 | Main Campus Phone: 760-352-8320
For Employment Opportunities, please visit www.imperial.edu/jobs | Accessibility Information | Website Problems?
Regroup Emergency Alerts Signup | Student Complaint Policy | Campus Smoking Policy | Student of Concern Form | IVC Facebook Page