Having trouble finding something or have a question? Contact Us | Main Campus Phone: 760-352-8320 (Directory)
Missed the 2014 Graduation? Watch the video!

Summer Financial Aid

Students who attend the Summer term at Imperial Valley College may qualify for Financial Aid to help pay for colleges costs. In order to be considered for both the Federal Pell Grant and the Board of Governor's Fee enrollment waiver (BOGFW) you must complete and submit your 2013-14 FAFSA by June 30, 2014 if you have not done so already for the academic year.

Board of Governor's Enrollment Fee Waiver (BOGFW)

If you have not already applied for the 2013-14 BOGFW, you have two (2) methods of establishing eligibility:

1. Must submit and complete the 2013-14 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by June 30, 2014, or
2. Must submit and complete a Board of Governor's Enrollment Fee Waiver (BOGW) application by July 15, 2014.

Please remember the BOGW will only pay enrollment fees for California residents and AB 540 eligible students who qualify, so other fees that apply for the term, such as Health Services Fees, Student Representation Fee, Parking Fees, Lab and Materials Fee will be the responsibility of the student.

Summer Pell Grant

Pell Grant eligibility for summer will be determined by using any remaining Pell Grant eligibility from the 2013-14 academic year. For example, if you were paid for full-time enrollment FALL 13 and SPRING 14 you already received 100% of your 2013-14 Pell Grant award and you have no remaining eligibility for a Summer payment.

Continuing students who did not receive the maximum Pell Grant for 2013-14 award year will have Summer eligibility. Your Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) as determined by the U.S. Dept. of Education and your enrollment status for the Summer term will determined your complete summer award. Enrollment status is determined by the number of enrolled units:

 Enrollment Status  Units
 3/4-time  9 (max for Summer)
 1/2-time  6 to 8.5
 Less than 1/2-time  .5 to 5.5

In addition, at the end of Spring 2014, we will conduct an evaluation of your academic progress and you must be identified as maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress standard (SAP) to be determined eligible for a Summer Pell Grant.

Staff Login Form

Please use the first part of your IVC Email (e.g. joe.smith) and your Email Password to login. If you are a student, please use the Student Portal to login.