Created on 27 June 2012
Last Updated on 15 May 2014
Published on 27 June 2012
This site contains important course information for those interested in the Fire Technology and Fire Academy Program(s).
Our program is accredited by the California State Fire Marshal (CSFM)
1131 S Street. Sacramento, CA 95811
News & Updates
- Firefighter I Academy applications being accepted from January 6 to March 31, 2014, for the Fall 2014 Class! Pick up an application from the Nursing & Allied Health Office 2155 on campus, or download from website. Questions, contact Sara Wheat at 760-355-6483 or by email
- Completion of Fire/EMT 105, PE 100, and PE 104 highly recommended prior to admission to the Academy
* FIRE 105/EMT 105 - Summer 2014!
* Starts 7/1 to 8/8, 0900 to 1730, Monday to Thursday, Room 3204 (New Building)
* CRN# 30122 - New students can apply to IVC now www.imperial.edu
* Check emails/website for registration information
- Meet with the Nursing & Allied Health Counselors/Advisors to make sure of program requirements - 760-355-6543
- High School graduate or completion of GED
- 18 years of age or older and in good health
- In good health and be able to lift 35lb minimum
- Completion of IVC Reading Placement Test, or
- Completion of ENG 110 (or 101)
If selected, students will be required to complete the requirements below, information will be provided once admitted to the program:
- Physical and Vaccinations
- Background Check & Drug Screening
Physical training is an important part of the Academy. Students must be in good physical condition before entering the program. Students will be required to get a physical and TB skin test. Physicals will be arranged by the IVC Nursing Office upon acceptance. Physicals are done with the IVC Student Health Center located in the DSPS Department.
It will be expected of students to adhere to strict rules of conduct. Appearance and grooming standards will be enforced. More operations and expectations in this area will be discussed at the beginning of the program.
Certificate Requirements: The courses and requirements described herein are subject to change. Students should consult a counselor and appropriate websites as directed to receive the most current requirements.
*Standard Occupational Classification Code
Industry Certification and Licensure
Imperial Valley College does not promote nor endorse these web sites. They are provided for your reference and convenience only.
State Fire Training
The Nursing and Allied Health Office (Rm 2155) is in Building 2100
- Dean, Health & Public Safety
Tina Aguirre, RN, MSN
- Fire Coordinator/Instructor
Alfredo Estrada, Jr.
- EMS/Fire Staff Secretary
- Administrative Secretary