Created on 17 September 2013
Last Updated on 18 September 2013
Published on 17 September 2013
Additional Information and Forums Schedule
Imperial Valley College will be "on the road" over the next two months, seeking opinions and input from local citizens during 11 local community forums as it develops its new strategic Master Plan and vision for the future.
Two additional forums will be held on campus.
"This will be the fourth time in the past 10 years that we have held these listening forums throughout the Valley," said IVC President Victor Jaime. "The information we compile from the public has resulted in monumental changes to both our instructional programs as well as our facilities."
The forums are the foundational step for the college's 2014-2017 strategic plan that will be developed over the next year.
"Most importantly, we will also have a comfort level that we are truly heading in the same direction as our broader community," Jaime said.
Faculty members, administrators and other IVC staff as well as students will be serving as focus group hosts, facilitators and recorders.
"This is a total effort by our full campus and I really appreciate the enthusiasm we are getting as we start this process," Jaime said. "We have a great staff and this will give us an opportunity to showcase them even more as we have this discourse with our customers."
The campus forums are noon September 19 and 5 p.m. November 7.
- The community meetings begin Tuesday, September 24, with a 6 p.m. forum in the El Centro Chamber of Commerce offices, 1095 S. Fourth Street, El Centro.
- It will continue at 6 p.m. Thursday, September 26, in the Calipatria Unified School District Board Room, 501 W. Main St., Calipatria
- Other meetings include:
- Imperial: Tuesday, October 1, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Imperial Unified School District Board Room, 219 N. E Street, Imperial.
- Brawley: Thursday, October 3, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Brawley Chamber of Commerce Board Room, 204 S. Imperial Ave., Brawley.
- Holtville: Tuesday, October 8, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Holtville City Council Chambers, 121 W. Fifth St., Holtville.
- San Pasqual: Thursday, October 10, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. San Pasqual High School Library, 676 Baseline Road, Winterhaven.
- Seeley: Tuesday, October 15, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Seeley Union School Multipurpose Room, 1812 W. Rio Vista, Seeley.
- Westmorland: Thursday, October 17, 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m., Westmorland Union School Multipurpose Room, 200 South C, Westmorland.
- Niland: Tuesday, October 22, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Niland Chamber of Commerce, 8031 Highway 111, Niland.
- Calexico: Thursday, October 24, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Calexico Camarena Memorial Library, 850 Encinas Ave., Calexico.
- Heber: Tuesday, November 5, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Heber School Multipurpose Room, 1052 Heber Ave., Heber.
- Residents are invited to attend any of the meetings.
People interested in learning how they can participate can contact the IVC President's office at (760) 355-6219.