Welcome to Imperial Valley College!
Preparing for college can be overwhelming, that is why we have created the New Student Checklist. This list contains all the steps you need to complete to begin your IVC career. It will guide you through the enrollment process and make sure you are ready for the first day of classes.
*STEP 1: COMPLETE APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION
*STEP 2: ASSESSMENT TEST
- Assessment is available at the Assessment Center in Room 401.
- Full Assessments: are Open Testing sessions (NO APPOINTMENT NECESSARY) and you MUST show up between the times indicated in the Assessment Schedule at http://www.imperial.edu/assessment
- Full Assessments include (Reading, Writing and Math) or Math and/or Language individually which are untimed tests. Most students take 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 hours to complete the Full Assessment
- Students must bring a valid picture ID card, and IVC Student ID #
- If you have questions please call (760) 355-6450.
*STEP 3: ONLINE ORIENTATION
*STEP 4: COUNSELING & EDUCATIONAL PLANNING
- Make an appointment complete an abbreviated SEP at (760) 355-6543.
STEP 5: APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID
STEP 6: REGISTER FOR CLASSES
- Register for classes via WebSTAR seven days a week
- Check the IVC Student Portal for your registration appointment
STEP 7: PAY FEES
STEP 8: BUY BOOKS
STEP 9: GO TO CLASS
- You must attend the first meeting of each class or you will be dropped
If you need further assistance please call the Counseling Center at (760) 355-6543.