Having trouble finding something or have a question? Contact Us | Main Campus Phone: 760-352-8320 (Directory)
Missed the 2014 Graduation? Watch the video!

Consumer Information

In accordance with federal regulations set forth by The Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended, below is a summary of consumer information that must be made available to all prospective students, applicants, employees and current students at Imperial Valley College (IVC). As required by federal regulation, notice of the availability of the information listed below is emailed to each enrolled student annually.  Each topic listed gives a brief description of the information that must be disclosed and links to pages that contain the actual information or explains how it can be obtained. If you need assistance obtaining information listed or you would like a paper copy, contact the Director of Financial Aid at:

Imperial Valley College
Financial Aid Office, Building 100
380 East Aten Road
Imperial, CA  92251
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I. Information about Imperial Valley College

  1. Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
  2. Programs and Services Available to Students with Disabilities
  3. Student Body Diversity
  4. Textbook Information
  5. Voter Registration Information
  6. Transfer of Credit Policies and Articulation Agreement
  7. Cost of Attendance - Imperial Valley University Partnership (IVUP) Costs
  8. Net Price Calculator
  9. Refund Policies
  10. Withdrawal Procedures
  11. Description of Academic Programs
  12. Instructional Facilities and Computer Labs
  13. Faculty
  14. Accreditation Information
  15. Copyright Infringement
  16. Constitution Day Information
  17. Standards of Student Conduct

II. Overview of Financial Aid Programs

  1. Overview of Financial Aid Program
  2. Contact Information for Obtaining Financial Aid Assistance
  3. How to Apply for Financial Aid
  4. Eligibility for Financial Aid
  5. Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
  6. Need Based and Non Need Based Federal and State Financial Aid
  7. How Eligibility for Need Based Aid is Determined and How Need Based Aid is Awarded
  8. Financial Aid for Study Abroad
  9. How and When Financial Aid Will be Distributed
  10. Rights and Responsibilities of Aid Recipients
  11. Financial Aid Fraud
  12. Return to Title IV
  13. Terms and Conditions of Federal Work Study Employment
  14. Student Loan Information
  15. Terms and Conditions of Direct Loans
  16. National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS)
  17. Terms and Conditions of Direct Loan Deferments
  18. Terms of Loans Received, Repayment Schedules and Repayment
  19. Loan Entrance Counseling
  20. Loan Exit Counseling
  21. Loan Code of Conduct Policy
  22. Private Educational Loan Disclosures

III. Information Regarding Student Outcomes

  1. Graduation, Transfer and Retention Rates
  2. Graduation and Retention Rates for Student Athletes
  3. Equity in Athletic Disclosure

IV. Information Regarding Health and Safety

  1. Campus Safety and Security
  2. Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program
  3. Emergency Response and Evacuation Procedures

Programs and Services Available to Students with Disabilities

The Disabled Student Program and Services (DSPS) provides support services to students with disabilities in an effort to ensure equal opportunity and participation at the college. For more information about the facilities and services available to students with disabilities, visit the department's website at http://www.imperial.edu/students/dsps. We provide a variety of Accommodations and Services for our students.

Student Body Diversity

IVC regularly reports this information to the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS). Follow these steps to access this information:

  • Go to the IPEDS College Navigator at http://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/
  • In the "Name of School" box type Imperial Valley College
  • Clink on the Imperial Valley College link that appears.
  • For gender and race/ethnicity data, click on the Enrollments link to expand the selection
  • For information about Pell Grant recipients, expand the Financial Aid link

Gender, demographic, and other data is also available in the Student Profile documents published regularly by the IVC department of Institutional Assessment, Research, and Planning can be found on our website at http://www.imperial.edu/about/institutional-research/.

Textbook Information

Student can access each semester's book list at http://www.efollett.com/. This URL can be found at http://www.imperial.edu/students/bookstore/. After reaching the efollett page, simply select "California" from the State dropdown and then select "Imperial Valley College" from the Institution dropdown and hit Submit. On the next page, click on the "Books" link in the top menu. Every class in the schedule has a link to the booklist. Not all classes listed require texts.

Each semester's booklist is posted at the same time the class schedule is made public. Book information is listed as it becomes known through the submission of book orders from faculty. The list is updated daily.

 The book list is subject to substantial change prior to, and through the course of a semester. A disclaimer listing various reasons for these changes can be found at http://www.bkstr.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/HelpTermsOfUseView?langId=-1&;catalogId=10001&storeId=10101&demoKey=d. The Textbook Refund Policy is listed here: http://www.bkstr.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/HelpPoliciesView?langId=-1&;catalogId=10001&storeId=10101&demoKey=d#returnpolicy.

Voter Registration Information

Imperial Valley College encourages eligible students to register to vote. Students may access the California Voter Registration website by logging onto the Student Portal and selecting "Register to Vote" in the top menu. Students wishing to register via voter registration card may pick one up in Admissions & Records in Building 10 or in the Student Affairs Office in Building 1000. The Student Affaris Office also organizes voter registration events periodically. Additionally, voter registration cards are provided to all graduates at the time of diploma distribution.

Transfer of Credit Policies and Articulation Agreements

Imperial Valley College's Transfer of Credit Policies can be found in our College Catalog and Class Schedules every semester.

Net Price Calculator


Refund Policies

The refund policy for the college can be found online at http://www.imperial.edu/faculty-and-staff/business-services/fiscal-services/cashier-and-student-fees/.

Academic Programs

The deatils for our Educational Programs can be found online within our College Catalog (Pages 59-300 or you may click on the individual Major and Certificate Sheets). You may also find additional information on our Programs of Study page which contains Gainful Employment Information for students.

Instructional Facilities and Labs

The college provides instructional facilities and computer labs needed to support each of its academic programs. Contact the chairperson for the department for specific information about the facilities and resources available to support the academic program. Departments can be found online at http://www.imperial.edu/courses-and-programs/divisions/.


Information on the college's faculty and instructional personnel is available through Imperial Valley College's online catalog http://www.imperial.edu/courses-and-programs/catalogs-and-schedules/ (Pages 322-327) and through the Human Resources Office. You may also find Contact Information for Faculty Members in our Faculty & Staff Directory.

Accreditation Information

This information can be found on the website at http://accreditation.imperial.edu/.

Copyright Infringement

Illegal Distribution of Copyrighted Materials

IVC supports the Higher Education Opportunity Act and Digital Millennium Copyright Act, including efforts to eliminate the illegal distribution of copyrighted material. IVC Board Policy 3720 and IVC Administrative Procedure 3720, developed through the consultation process, provide guidelines to students, faculty and staff to assist in compliance with federal copyright laws. BP and AP 3720 are posted on our Board Docs website: http://boarddocs.com/ca/caiccd/Board.nsf/Public (you'll need to click on the Policies tab).

Constitution Day Information

In order to comply with the new federal regulation requiring the development of educational programming to celebrate Constitution Day on September 17th of each year, Imperial Valley College's Student Affairs Office provides faculty, students and staff with access to U.S. Constitution Day educational resources, movies, toolkits and free pocket size U.S. Constitution books.

Overview of Financial Aid Program

Imperial Valley College has a full array of Title IV programs and California State Programs.

Alternative Loans offered by private lenders, Imperial Valley College Foundation Scholarships and off campus scholarships are also administered by the IVC Financial Aid Office.

Contact Information for Obtaining Financial Aid Assistance

Prospective or enrolled students who have questions about obtaining IVC Scholarships or federal or state financial aid should contact the Imperial Valley College Financial Aid Office at 760-355-6266 or via our Contact Form. Additional contact information for specific staff members can be found at http://www.imperial.edu/students/financial-aid-and-scholarships/ (Click on Contact Information).

Need Based and Non Need Based Federal and State Financial Aid

Imperial Valley College has a full array of aid programs. Some are need based and some are non need based as determined by the information provided and verified on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid or your application to a number of IVC Scholarships.

Financial Aid for Study Abroad

If you enroll in a Imperial Valley College sponsored study abroad program, you may apply for financial aid through the IVC Financial Aid Office. You will be considered for all aid programs (Pell Grant, Cal Grant (California Residents), BOGW (California Residents), Foundation Scholarships and Loans) except Federal Work-Study.

Depending on the cost of your study abroad program, the financial aid you receive may or may not meet your full demonstrated financial need. To make up the gap between your aid and the cost of your program, you may want to apply for a private scholarship or an alternative loan. Please also contact the Study Abroad Office about application procedures and deadlines for Study Abroad Scholarships. You are responsible for making any payments for the program by the appropriate deadlines.

Terms and Conditions of Direct Loans

Terms and conditions of Direct Loans are included in the Borrower's Rights and Responsibilities Statement, which the borrower receives upon completion of a Master Promissory Note with the Department of Education. The borrower may request another copy of their Borrower's Rights and Responsibilities Statement at any time by contacting the Direct Loan Servicing Center.

National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS)

The National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) is the U.S. Department of Education's central database for student financial aid records. Federal loans disbursed to students or parents will be submitted to NSLDS and will be accessible by guaranty agencies, lenders, and institutions determined to be authorized users of the data system. Student and parent borrowers can track and manage their federal student loans and grants online at http://www.nslds.ed.gov. The secured site displays information on loans and grants, including amounts, outstanding balances and status. Student and parent borrowers can also find contact information for their loan servicer.

Terms and Conditions of Direct Loan Deferments

Information regarding the various deferments available to student and parent loan borrowers is available at the Department of Education web site – https://studentloans.gov under "Managing Repayment" and click on the "Trouble Making Payments?" link.

Terms of Loans Received, Repayment Schedules and Repayment

Generally, borrowers will have 10 to 25 years to repay their loan, depending on the repayment plan they choose. The loan servicer will notify the borrower of the date the first payment is due. If a repayment plan is not chosen by the borrower, the borrower will be placed on the standard repayment plan, with fixed monthly payments for up to 10 years. Repayment plans can be changed at any time by contacting the loan servicer. Information about standard repayment, extended repayment, graduated repayment, income contingent repayment (not available for parent PLUS loans), and income-based repayment can be found at https://studentloans.gov under "Managing Repayment". Click "Repayment Plans & Calculators".

Loan Entrance Counseling

The Federal Government requires first-time student borrowers to complete loan entrance counseling to ensure that the student borrower understands the responsibilities and obligations they are assuming. In order to provide the required comprehensive information on the terms and conditions of the loan and the borrower's responsibilities, first-time student loan borrowers at Imperial Valley College are required to complete online entrance counseling at https://studentloans.gov as part of their Direct Loan application with IVC.

Loan Exit Counseling

Imperial Valley College is required to provide counseling to federal student loan borrowers when the student ceases at least half-time study at IVC. Student borrowers who fall below half-time units at IVC are sent an email directing them to https://studentloans.gov to complete exit counseling and to receive information on monthly repayment amounts, repayment plan options, options to prepay or pay on a shorter schedule, debt management strategies, use of the Master Promissory Note, the seriousness and importance of student's repayment obligation, terms and conditions for forgiveness or cancellation, terms and conditions for deferment or forbearance, consequences of default, options and consequences of loan consolidation, and tax benefits available to borrowers, as well as other necessary information.

Private Educational Loan Disclosures

Any student applying for a private education loan at Imperial Valley College must complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) with the school in order to ensure that all available waivers and grants are available to the student, as well as to encourage students to make use of low-interest loans available through the Department of Education (subsidized if eligible). Student borrowers at Imperial Valley College are counseled to compare the terms and conditions of Department of Education loans with the terms and conditions of private education loans to determine the more favorable borrowing option.

Upon request, Imperial Valley College will provide the self-certification form for private education loans required under Sec. 128(e)(3) of the Truth in Lending Act (15 U.S.C. 1638(e)(3) and the information required to complete the form, to the extent that Imperial Valley College possesses the information.

Graduation, Transfer and Retention Rates

IVC regularly reports this information to the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS).Follow these steps to access this information:

  1. Go to the IPEDS College Navigator at http://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/
  2. In the "Name of School" box type Imperial Valley College
  3. Clink on the Imperial Valley College link that appears.
  4. Click on the Retention and Graduation Rates link to expand the selection.

Graduation and Retention Rates for Student Athletes

Graduation and retention rates must be provided to student-athletes, their parents, high school coaches, and guidance counselors when an athletically related student aid offer is made. Imperial Valley College does not offer financial aid to students based on athletic ability. For information on graduation and retention rates or student success programs for student-athletes, please contact the Athletics Department.

Equity in Athletic Disclosure

As part of federally mandated Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act, information on annual participation rates and financing of men's and women's sports in intercollegiate athletic programs is available by request to students and the general public. For more information or to receive a copy of the report, contact the Athletics Departments or you can find the data online: http://ope.ed.gov/athletics/

Campus Safety and Security

The Annual Security Report including the college's crime statistics is available online before October 1st of each year. An email to staff, faculty and students will proceed the report informing them where to view the report and how to request the report to be delivered by mail.

Timely warnings which alert staff, faculty and students whenever a serious crime takes place on campus and the suspects are at large leaving a potential risk to the college's employees, students and guests. Staff, faculty and students would be alerted by campus wide email as well as notices posted on building entrances campus wide.

The Daily Crime Log is available for review at the Campus Security Office.

Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program

Imperial Valley College  has instituted a Drug Free Environment and Drug Prevention Program with the Director of Campus Safety and Security having the responsibility of distributing annually to each student the information required by the Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act Amendments of 1998 and any other requirements of the Act.

Imperial Valley College also provides a Student Heath Center which offers Mental Health Counseling and Basic First Aid and Care for minor illnesses. It also provides access to wellness information via the online resource Student Health 101.

Emergency Response and Evacuation Procedures

This information can be found online at:

Staff Login Form

Please use the first part of your IVC Email (e.g. joe.smith) and your Email Password to login. If you are a student, please use the Student Portal to login.